Sep 25, 2007

Silent

SILENT TEARS
A thunderous silence breaks through my thoughts.
What was once many great ideas is now a triumph, lost.
Baffling words tumble through my mind.
Reflections of darkness hover.
A disturbing peacefulness beckons to me, and inside myself, I take cover.
What would it be like to stay there forever?
To be lost in all my cares?
From the inside, looking out I cry silent tears.



ps:I wrote this poem when I was in the middle of some rough times with my family. The feeling of the poem is a feeling of loss and not knowing whether or not to show emotions. It's a feeling of confusion and isolation. I was afraid to show emotions, so I cried on the inside - that's where I get the phrase "silent tears". It means that I can hear myself cry, but nobody else can. A little advice to the readers- - don't ever be afraid to show your emotions.

No comments: